Monday, August 6, 2007

Another ENFP Core Dump

I usually have an idea of what I am going to blog, but not tonight.

Here is the core dump, NELS was wonderful. We had a highly functioning staff and an incredible group of participants. AND I am really glad that this was my last year on staff. We ended with a worship service that allowed us to cry, grieve and leave; thanks to Art and the staff who wil be continuing. The good news is that next summer I will take a real vacation instead of a working one that I have taken for the last 4 summers.

So what am I going to do with my time? Well, there is the jacket that I want to make for Margaret, and my office/study/guest room needs to be used as a guest room at the end of this month, and the normal list of things that keep me busy.

I did not take any knitting with me this week. The staff did not know what to do since one of my signs of stress is that I put my knitting down. They figured out other ways, like it is written all over my face, and body language. I am back knitting "Pretty Comfy Socks" and am on the home stretch with them. I also have a "few" unfinished projects to work on as I listed in a prior post.

My biggest personal learning this week, is on leave taking. Apparently within the therapist community it is widely known that a common coping mechanism is to pick fights with those you love when you are leaving. Mid-week, this was pointed out to me and I really had to hold the mirror up. It is true. In the last month I have found myself picking fights with Bethany. (In checking with her last night, she does not think I have, but I think I have) It was such a gift to have the mirror held up and to recognize this. It allowed me to laugh at myself.

So another thing I am going to do more is read. SOOOOOO, I am close and am off to read "Eat Pray Love"

No comments: