Friday, March 14, 2008

What is Your Favorite Season?

In staff meeting this week, my boss kicked our meeting off with "What is your favorite season?" I could not go with a convential answer, WHAT A SHOCKER!, so I said late winter. Not spring, not winter, but late winter.

WHY? Because once it is very clear that the days are getting longer, my depression lifts and I become the hamster that most of my family and friends know and love.

We discussed this in women's group last night and I realized that those mid-winter nights, when I sit on the couch, do SUDUKO, knit and watch TV, are for a reason. I do not have to be a bundle of activity 365/24/7. Although lately I have gotten close to that. My dreams are hard work after all. Just sitting is a necessary non-activity.

Daylight savings time helps, and it was 2 weeks earlier this year, but it really is mid-Feb that is my favorite time of year.

Did I say yet that I love my boss? She starts every staff with a question like this. Even when are agenda is jam-packed and abbreviated, this part is not forgotten.

No comments: