Sunday, October 18, 2009

Loving the Snow - SORRY

When I arrived back from church today in MASSACHUSETTS, it was snowing. Rarely when the white stuff falls from the sky do I have an "OH NO" feeling. Good thing we are going to retire to Vermont, huh?

Sure, people do not drive as well in the snow and you have the clear the stuff in order to get to work but I am just not sure I could live somewhere that it does not snow.

Granted, I have a wonderful husband who snow blows when it gets really deep. I am out there clearing off the cars as he snow blows making it a team effort.

I guess, as long as I can get out in the stuff and we can get it cleared, I am going to always LOVE the snow.

I am sure a part of this is growing up in CO and VT. Snow was just part of the climate and we would always race to get out into it. I have said this before, but I took both my kids out in snow storms, so they could learn to drive in it.

So, yes it is October 18th and this is the second bit of snow we have had so far, but even with all of that I just love the snow.

The cold comes along with the snow and my feeling is you can always put on another layer in the cold. In a hot climate on the other hand you cannot always take off another layer. I suspect that I will visit warm climates but I am not sure I will ever live in them. I could surprise myself.

No comments: