Tuesday, December 4, 2018

When was the last time you laughed so hard you could not drive?

Yesterday I helped my brother Ken move some stuff from Burlington to his house in Montpelier.  We loaded both cars to the gills and I had a co-pilot (Ken got this from the Hopkins Center at Dartmouth when he worked there briefly in the 1980s)

I was following Ken's Subaru, the state car of Vermont.  He passed the rest area on 89 South and stuck his thumb out to ask if I needed it.  He stuck his finger out to show Ceres, newly installed on the State Capitol building.  I followed his car through a couple of 4-way stops in Montpelier, and took a left on his street.

My thoughts:
"I thought Ken lived a bit closer to town"

"Maybe he is taking me to Thomas's school first"

"Maybe he needs gas"

"Maybe he is going to lunch first"

My mind was trying to normalize why we were now well past past Ken's house.

He called me on my mobile and I illegally answered it.

"Where did you go?"

"Oh shit, I was following the wrong Subaru!"

I started laughing so hard I almost could not breathe and I probably should not have been driving.  Don't worry, I had hung up by now.  I literally laughed all the way back to his house and for the first few minutes there.

Lots of Subarus in Vermont!


No comments: