Monday, May 4, 2020

My husband is a very smart man AND a good Vermont Story

I have been ordering my coffee from Onyxtonics for the last week.  My brother and his wife found them when the rest of the coffee shops closed, the chains, and the non-chains.

So this morning, needing another injection of caffeine I placed my online order at Onyxtonics and put on my raincoat to walk the 2 blocks over to get it.

Forgetting that our credit card was compromised yesterday I paid online as I normally do, got to the store and the barrista poked his head out.

"Name?"

"Sarah."

"Last name?"

"Russell"

"We don't have that order but what do you want?" AND off he went to make my latte

Light dawned on Marblehead and at that point I called Rod to have him read our backup credit card over the phone to me.

In the meantime the barrista appeared at the door with my coffee and turned around to go back in the store.

I said "There was a problem with my card......"

And he interrupted me

"No worries, enjoy the coffee"

Meanwhile on the phone Rod had panic in his voice.

"Do you want me to come over to pay?  What do you need?  What do you want me to do? " (This is the quickest I have ever heard him ask 3 questions in succession like that.)

"No honey I am all set."

"Are you sure, I don't mind coming over to pay?" (He knows better than to mess with my coffee consumption)

"Rod, I have my coffee and on my way back."

So this is a two-part story.  The Coffee Panic from Rod and not me this time AND another good Vermont Story.  I am sure in other parts of the world the barrista would let me walk away without paying but in Vermont it happens more than I can count AND I love it.

No comments: