Saturday, December 5, 2009

Holiday Workshop and ramblings from a Weekend

Since I taught a Myers-Briggs workshop at work a few weeks ago, I have been thinking more about Myers-Briggs. I realize just now that I reserve weekends for my MBTI preferences. I have had a "deliverable" on a volunteer activity at church and it has hounded me for months. It is easy to not deliver on a volunteer activity because there is not the same level of accountability.

My deliverable is to document our annual Holiday Workshop at FPLEX. Here is the blog for that so you can see what I mean. Last Year, 2008, I was supposed to get this done, so 365 days later I am doing it. Typically for my P of ENFP, I get things done in a burst of energy. I went to the Holiday Workshop, have a wonderful husband Murg, who went home to get our laptop. I interviewed people who were running the tables at the workshop, many of them who have been helping run it since the early 1980s, and wrote up their projects in that other blog's posts. The husband of one of the orignators is a wonderful photographer and he is going to help with with some pictures for THAT blog.

My point is that this task has been weighing on me for 365 days, or longer, and with a few hours this afternoon I am going to get it near complete. The cool thing about the blog aspect of this, is that a blog does not to be done. You can keep adding to it and that is what I intend to do. My task is done, even though I will keep adding projects. The purpose of this blog is fact is to share with other congregations and for them to add their ideas. Blogging is perfect for P of the ENFP, because I don't ever have to be done adding my thoughts and for THIS blog, it clearly says it is my ramblings.

So, I fed myself this morning by going to one of my favorite activities of the church year, and I am near complete in a task for Green Sanctuary and I got some new insights about myself around Myers-Briggs. A good weekend so far and it is only 1:35 Saturday afternoon.

No comments: