Thursday, May 22, 2014

Latest Rant - pulling over for sirens and emergency vehicles

Driving through the center of town today, I heard and then saw a police car behind me so I carefully pulled over to the right to let them pass.  MOST of the other drivers also pulled over.  That was all pleasant and thoughtful.

However, when it came time for us to start driving again, don't you think you would do it in sequential order.  The first car in line pulls out, then the second, then the third?  That is not the case in my home state of Massachusetts.  The most impatient person pulls out first, cutting off the others ahead of her in line.  It causes absolute chaos, and is just plain rude.  

As this happened today I gave the two people the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe they did not think I was ready to drive yet.  My inching forward to try to take my turn getting out since I was in front of her could have been a clue.  Apparently she was in such a hurry, after all we had been stopped for less than 20 seconds.  To me this is just plain courtesy.  I was ahead of you before we pulled over, therefore I get to pull out first.

This behavior really pisses me off.  In my zen state of mind I tried to let it go and let her go in front of me, but I just do not understand it.  I have lived in Massachusetts since 1984 so you would think I would be used to it by now.  

The sirens and lights are a clue folks.  Pay attention, slow down and chillax.  

No comments: