Saturday, February 16, 2008

Off to NOLA

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we leave for New Orleans. 19 youth and 9 adults taveling together to work through Operation Nehemiah. After the craziness of the last week of work for me, I am looking forward to a different kind of work for a week. I expect to be physically and emotionally challenged. I expect to laugh and cry. I know at the end of a week spent with these special people, that we will have created an experience and a community, that others will not understand.

Talking with my Mom today, I described what my latest "retirement" job is. I want to get red cross trained, and then sign up and travel to different parts of the world, when there are disasters. Hopefully they can use my skills.

So for the next week, think of us down in NOLA. I am sure there will be lots to blog about when we get back.

My big question, should I bring my knitting? I would never go on a trip without it, in olden days, but I am looking at every object as I pack and asking "Will I really use it?" So, will I really have time to knit? I have a book for the plane, I have a journal to write in, tiny colored pencils to draw mandelas, a new card game from my Valentine, FLUXX. It will be a last minute decision . . .

No comments: