Saturday, February 9, 2008

Women's Rally a Success

Damn, I just lost my post . . .

Here I go again.

Today we held a Women's rally at church. Women who knit, write, make bamboo pipes, do ceramics, quilt, analyze numbers, sing, compose music, make prints and others which I have forgotten got together. We use a methodology called Open Space. Google that to find out what it is about.

We start with an opening circle, break into groups, have a potluck lunch all together, afternoon sessions and then closing circle. I had an activity planned for the closing circle, but threw that away when one group announced they had a song for us all to sing that came out of the afternoon session, from someone who has been blocked recently trying to compose music. Yes, we talked about blocks to creativity, the biggest being fools who say things like "That's a dumb idea" or "You can't sing" or "You can't write" or "This is not perfect". One nugget we talked about was that we are all creative, and need to get over those kinds of comments to find our inner voice or creativity.

I am always a bit nervous when I am planning these, but after today I should just relax. They run themselves, just like Open Space says.

It was a good rally.

No comments: