Saturday, June 21, 2008

Disengaged - but not really coz I am posting this

So, buying Coniston happened at exactly the right time in our/my life. I did not know 3 months ago when we put an offer on this house, that I would need it so much in late June of 2008. As we drove up last night, the closer we got, the more I relaxed and detached. I actually sat and read a book for 20 minutes last night and 45 minutes just now with my first cup of coffee. The only time I get a chance to read at home is the 60 nano seconds after I get into bed, before I fall asleep mid-sentence of my reading material.

We don't have a TV up here, and I might not even listen to the radio today or glance at yahoo news as I am entering my email account. I am going to buy the Burlington Free Press and learn about news that way, but NO FOX TV for me this weekend, no more online article from the Brockton Enterprise.

I will miss a big breaking story, and more details of the Celtics and their celebration but that will all wait until Monday morning when I plug back in. We listened to the Sox game on the way up and they were describing the duck boats in Fenway Park carrying the championship Celtics. That was enough for me last night, the verbal description.

No comments: