Saturday, June 14, 2008

She's back

Well, I cannot believe that my last post was June 3rd, but I can believe it as well.

I have had a roller coaster time in the last 11 days and did not realize how traumatic this was until my yoga class today. Yes, you are supposed to clear your mind for yoga, but unfortunately, that is near impossible for me to do. I actually thought (during yoga ooops), that maybe a ten day silent retreat would get me to the point where I could clear my mind. DUMB IDEA, but a thought anyway.

In a nut shell, I had a wonderful birthday and first weekend in Vermont at Coniston, with friends and family AND my work life has been in HR lingo "Clear your desk and take care of this crisis". That means that I have not gotten much of my normal work done and have been in high attention, and problem solving mode for most of 6 work days.

My yoga class today was just what I needed and I realized at that point, how much stress my body and mind have been in since last Friday, due to the work crisis. When I get really busy, I skip my yoga class and that is a really dumb idea.

So during yoga today I mentally made a list of blogs that I can write in the future. I put them here for myself to be able to refer to when I am at a loss for what to blog:
  • You don't have to "beat yourself up" to improve
  • Calm
  • Why am I a Boston Sports fan?
  • Disconnected from the media - pros and cons
  • Yoga, mentally and physically a flood
  • Big Rocks
  • Mohegan Sun - huh?
  • My Birthday - It was perfect
  • You don't have to solve every problem
  • I need a chaplain

TTFN

No comments: