Friday, September 26, 2008

Path of Least Resistance

Today I volunteered to drive and get lunch in the pouring rain. Pulling into the driveway of the sub shop, I could either park right in front of the store or park in a quieter part of the parking lot and get wetter. I chose the quieter part of the parking lot. That is when the topic of this blog came to me but I really have no idea where it is going.

I find myself taking the path of least resistance as I get older. Someone cut me off today and I just let them do it. I wasn't even really angry, I just figured they needed to be somewhere sooner than I did. On Waltham Street tonight, a moron stopped IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET and put her blinkers on. I did not even honk at her. What was she thinking? The guy in back of me pulled around me and the pulled around her and then honked at her. At least I hope he was honking at her. It did not even occur to me to honk at her.

Maybe it is time to move to Vermont. When we are up there I have to consciously drive slower and not be so impatient. There are a lot of reasons in the news lately to move to our retreat in Vermont and get away from the chaos. Is that the path of least resistance? No that is the path to sanity I think.

No comments: