Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekend by myself

Rod has spent this past weekend at Coniston with his men's group so I spent the time by myself. Actually, I had a birthday breakfast with some friends, and 6 people were over yesterday afternoon to sew. and today I went to church and stayed for a discussion on the upcoming election, but for me that is a weekend by myself. Also, because my car is still in the shop, I did not even have the ability to leave easily to go very far from my house.

I love to watch myself and what my thought patterns are. After sewing yesterday, I had plans to walk into town for a movie at 6:30. I rarely go to movies solo, but there was a part of me that wanted to keep busy. As the hour neared, when I needed to start walking into town I stayed here. Instead of going to the movie I stayed here, and puttered and surfed the net. One of the women who came to sewing turned me onto some great websites for quilting so I had lots of surfing to do. So my first inclination was to keep myself busy, but instead I stayed put.

Today, I started a quilted jacket that I cut the pieces out for last spring. It is spring colors, but hopefully it will be ready to wear for next spring. I am going to be proactive this fall and winter and get some projects going in both the fabric and yarn arena so that I have something to work on when it is dark outside. It is worth a shot as an antidote to the lack of light. It is so silly that the days have actually been getting shorter since June 21st or 22nd, but I don't start noticing this until August sometime.

I have a feeling that being up in Vermont for the fall will help with my seasonal depression. How can you possibly be depressed in the middle of the fall foliage? We have a screen saver on this computer which cycles though the pictures on the computer. Whenever one of Coniston comes up a tiny grin comes across my face. This was a really good move to buy our house in Vermont. My next weekend up there is the first weekend of October when the "Sisters" gather.

It was a good weekend, but honestly, I would rather have been at Coniston.

No comments: