Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cobwebs

I have been thinking a lot about cobwebs lately. Why? Because there are a lot around. Coniston has a lot of cobwebs and coz we leave Lexington most weekends, the cobwebs there grow as well. The clincher for me though was the cobweb in the bathroom at church this morning. "I am not going to clean that one up too!" I said to myself as I sat there. (BTW, I did clean up the one which was a yard long connecting our ceiling fan to the ceiling after Rod pointed that one out!)

This reinforced my opinion about cleaning which is: Why bother, it is just going to get dirty again! I guess some could judge that I am not a very good housekeeper if there are so many cobwebs around.

Cobwebs are not only bad however. This summer at Coniston there was the most beautiful one on the outside of our round window, with dew on it. We turned just one light on and took some pictures of it, because it was so beautiful. Cobwebs also collect bugs for me, so I don't have to chase them around and catch them. They are kind of like bats who collect the mosquitos.

Someone this summer said cobwebs are the sign of a healthy house, so let's leave it at that, we have too very healthy houses and the church bathroom is pretty healthy too.

No comments: