Thursday, October 30, 2008

Some days I just Plow through

WOW, it is 3:40 EDT and I cannot believe how much I have gotten done so far. No need to detail all of that, but as I was finishing a few tasks just now I realized how today was really good and very different than other days. It might be the alignment of the moon and stars, it might be conquering procrastination, it might be pressure, it might be a lot of other things. I have had a pile of papers to file at the office for WEEKS, no MONTHS. Part of what stood in the way was how much time I estimated this task would take. This morning, and it was not planned, I arrived at 7:30 and by 9:30 I was done. I also had some meetings on my calendar which I needed to change the occurrence of. Please don't ask me why I was procrastinating on this tiny little task, but I was. It took me all of 3 minutes to make the change.

What I am thankful for is that there are days like this BUT not all days are like this. I would be a wreck if I worked at this pace every day. OK back to work to take advantage of this focus and energy

No comments: