Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nobody is Going to Tell me What to Do

I am once again amazed at how we are hard wired, and how our personalities are pretty consistent throughout our lives.  I found this card while looking through a box of old memories.  It was sent to me by a good friend of my grand parents, probably when I was 13-14. It is true that as a child I had a strong personality and I guess that has not changed.

Even funnier is what she wrote inside the card.

For those who cannot read her hand writing it says: 

"Dear Sally:  Found this today and it reminded me of you and the fun we had last night so I thought I'd send it along and you could stick it in your mirror and think of me.  A deaconess who worked with me in the Chapel at Episcopal Eye Ear and Throat Hospital and the Wash. Hospital, once sent it to me years ago, so don't get stuck up and think you are the only stubborn gal.  Lots of love Ruth Dunlop"

Yes, I chuckled when I found this card and it now is pinned proudly beside the other card I have blogged about in a blog here.  So I am stubborn and an optimist, and stubbornly optimistic.  There are worse traits I could have.

No comments: