Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Myers Briggs J versus P emerges again

First Parish Lexington has a Day of Service this Saturday. Along with two others, I am leading a project making knitted dolls for a Zambian orphanage that our church supports. If it were up to me, I could leave it unstructured. "Show up sometime between 9-2 and knit, we will be there to help you knit".

Instead we have a sign up process, that has been going on for weeks. That is OK, but last week I started getting questions from the participants, "What time does it start, and what time should I be there?". After the second email I thought, "Jees, what time does it start?". I was pretty sure it was in a church newsletter somewhere and indeed it was, but I can not imagine asking that question a week in advance. The night before maybe.

Now, to the supplies we need for Saturday, yarn, needles, stuffing and darning needles. I have tons of needles and enough yarn to supply them with a 1000 dolls. I gave away stuffing that I could have used so better get that but it is only Wednesday so there is plenty of time. I envision myself at 10:30 pm on Friday night packing the bags we need of supplies, in a last minute burst of energy to be prepared for Saturday at 8:30. This would drive a J to drink, but for me it is a challenge. I can watch myself delaying tasks because it is too early to start on it.

Oh wait, I had better print out some instructions for everyone. How many have signed up? Jees, having that sign up sheet would be pretty helpful!

Oh well, I crack myself up laughing at myself.....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: