Tuesday, July 3, 2012

HP Tech Support AHA moment

The saga of our HP tower continues.....

We bought our HP computer in Nov of 2010 from Costco. In less than two years, we have had 2 new mother boards sent and installed at home. This was after I fought back shipping it for 14 days back to HP both times.

Yesterday on the phone the second tech support person I talked to acknowledged that the original mother board and 2 replacements were faulty. In fact the one from February that was sent and installed, was right before they starting using the good ones, he said. I am cautiously optimistic about this success and will try to suspend judgement when I get the machine back.

So they get an F for having faulty motherboards around, and a B+ for the second tech yesterday being honest with me.

I seized the opportunity to give him feedback about my two call to HP yesterday. The first one was obviously an Indian based agent. He used a script, asked me how I was, thanked me for asking back how he was etc. I am patient with non English speaking techs, having worked for companies who use them. I had to spell everything, multiples times, but I was being patient. Honest, I was being as patient as I could be given my level of frustration!

The agent dropped off the line and I called back and got an English speaking tech in Indiana. The call lasted 1/4 of the time, I did not have to spell anything and we corrected the mailing address for the shipment of the machine, which was the purpose of the call. If I had not called back, it would have been shipped to the wrong place. I would really have been pissed then.

I told the agent about my experience, he thanked me, and said I could give feedback on the website. They get an F for that since I cannot find out where to give feedback.

Good customer service matters. I will NEVER buy another HP, because they had faulty mother boards out there for two years, were not proactive about it, and I have been on calls for hours wasting precious retirement time while this problem was getting resolved.

Rant over........

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Sunrise PC Support said...

you had a good story...and we would also like to appreciate to HP customer services.....

If you need any kind of Online HP Technical Support so you can easily contact to us with click on this link:
Online Hp Technical Support