Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sweets, what is up?

I am not really tempted by sweets. I choose a bag of chips over a piece of cheesecake.

Something has gone awry in the last 24 hours however, and I think it has to do with the power of suggestion. I have been surfing the recipe sites to find a good pie recipe for the fourth of July. I don't usually make a pie on the fourth. If I went unchecked based on the number I have saved I would be making 6-7. The only limiting factor is the number of pie pans at Coniston.

I also just returned from Allenholm Farm in South Hero having devoured by first maple Cremee of the year. There is a contest in the part of VT for who has the best one, and in my mind it s Allenhom, but maybe that is because they are 2 miles away.

After my "lunch" the sugar high has hit, my body feels like it is racing,etc. the buttermilk pie I am making later today will be shared with friends and family and maybe making a berry pie is a new part of the fourth for me. Red raspberries, blue blue berries and white heavy whipping cream. Yum!

I am NOT craving cheesecake so I am not too worried just yet.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: