Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Retirement time filling

I have been retired for almost 3 years and my better half retires in just over a month. This gives me cause to reflect on filling time in retirement.

What do I currently do with my time? I sleep past 6 am, I sit and read a book for as long as I want, I volunteer, I belong to groups which meet during the day, I run errands, I have coffee and lunch with friends, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Now that we will both be retired, we are planning our big trips. My wild idea was to rent our house out for a year, and just travel, or live in VT in our house there.  I said it was a wild idea, but it would help with the trip budget dilemma.

We are also planning smaller trips to sight see and visit friends and family. We could go during the week to NYC for a quick trip or visit Chicago and do that boat architectural tour that has been recommended.  We can stay a few extra days in the Berkshires, when we are there for a regular Star chairs meeting instead of having to be back to work.

Oh, and we will have a grand daughter to visit.......

Given that we have plans and that they change on a whim, we will be busy but not sure exactly of timing of some of them.

However, how will we continue our current commitments of choir and groups, and volunteer activities?

This is an exciting time as we launch into joint retirement and grand parenting. We will talk about a lot of ideas, and slide into a schedule that works, and we will feel torn by competing communities and activities.

We are always available to be reached by mobile phone and email, so we won't lose touch, but we will be less regular.

We are so fortunate and blessed and excited......Bring it on!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: