Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Zuzu pictures are like greeting cards from Bermuda

When Rod and I met in 1985, it was prior to email.  After I left Bermuda, having met him and fallen totally over heels in love, our first cards to each other crossed in the mail.  For the next 18 months we both wrote 1 card a day to each other.  At first, I would read every card every night.  That became unwieldy when I received more than 20 cards, so I would read just the most recent ones.  Occasionally, when I was really missing him, I would read them all.

Similarly the same feeling is happening with Zuzu pictures.  My wonderful son and his wife are supplying me with daily texts of photos of Sarah Hazel Swartzbaugh.  The first day of her life I spent many hours looking at recent pictures.  In fact, at George and Judy's house the night of her birth, 5  devices were being looked at with pictures of Zuzu (her nickname).

I have been putting the pictures in a Picasa Web Album and when I get bored, curious, angry, happy, content, depressed, etc, I pull up that album.  She is now 16 days old, so the album is getting BIG.  I know the novelty of having a granddaughter will wear off, but my delight of looking at the most recent picture will not and I will occasionally go back when she is 20 and look at the entire album.

Technology has changed in the last 28 years, but not the delight at reading/watching communication from/of loved ones.

No comments: