Thursday, January 19, 2017

Zuzuisms and our week with her


Zuzu's parents gave us a wonderful gift by entrusting us with her for an entire week.  This was the second year in a  row that they followed their favorite band, Phish, to Mexico for a three night concert.  Golfing and swimming with the dolphins during the day.

Our friend Paul Brouillette who posts Joelisms on Facebook inspired me to write up a few Zuzuisms.  Paul's have caused me to spit my coffee out more than once, and I don't think any of these will be as funny as his.

Here are the Zuzuisms that I can remember from our recent visit.

On the first day, when we put Mabel, the dog we dog sat at the same time, into her crate until she did her business outside: "Granda you don't have to be mad you have to be brave"

Constantly during the movie that Granda took her to:  "Come on, really?" (I suspect that one of her parents says this all the time and my bets are that it is my son Chris)

We ran into our nephew Mike in City Market, our local coop.   There is another Mike living near who is my brother so to distinguish them:  "Mémère, you mean the New Uncle Mike, right?"

I spoiled her as a true grandmother should, and bought her 10 donut holes from Dunkin Donuts.  She promised to not eat any more, having quickly devoured 4 of them and 2 minutes late snuck under a table and had the container open.  Granda took it away from her and hid it.  For the next 2 hours until bedtime every 2 minutes "Where are my Dunkin' Donuts?  I need my Dunkin' Donuts?"  the last words before I left her that night "My Dunkin' Donuts better be right on the arm of the couch tomorrow morning.  Can you find them Granda?"  First thing the next morning before her eyes were even open "MY DUNKIN' DONUTS!  You found them Granda!"  She does not eat many sweets at home!

She was very sad about missing her parents and had been crying.  We got her to stop but in the saddest voice possible she said "I need something to wipe my tears"  We asked Granda if he had a magic hankie to wipe her tears and that was used for the next few nights or any other time she hurt herself and cried.  The hankie went home with her.  BTW Granda can always be counted on to have a magic hankie in his back pocket.

To anything she did not want to eat or do:  "No Fanks"  in a quick sassy way.  We were hoping that she would want to go to church with to which she replied "No Fanks"

This trip the food she asked for over and over was toast.  We even had to go shopping for more bread for Granda and then is was "Granda can I have some of your new bread for toast?"  Last year we could not supply her with enough oranges and this year it was toast.

We so enjoy these visits, AND we are outnumbered the minute she arrives.  She keeps us on our toes for sure.  I suppose that is the role of a grand child.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this👍...SO sweet,and such a great way to keep memories alive ❤ Thank You for sharing ❤