Sunday, November 11, 2007

Back into some kind of routine

Yesterday some of our Saturday sewers got together after quite a few weeks off. I love getting together with this group. It is a modern version of the Sewing Bee. We sew/quilt/knit/mend and gab. We come for comraderie and community. We support each other, we give free advice, we spend 3 hours in our busy lives doing what we love, and not worrying about Saturday chores. We catch up on each others lives. After getting together yesterday, I realize how much I miss the group when we don't get together.

I also went to church today after a few weeks off. We have been away a lot of weekends this fall, doing great stuff, but nevertheless we have missed church. When this happens, and I finally get back to church, I realize how I love the routines in my life. I love the Saturday sewing and I love sitting in a pew on Sunday for that hour with nothing else to do but soak it all in.

Last Sunday we were in the Berkshires and a friend of ours is an interim minister at the Lee UCC church. We went to her service, and it satisfied my need for church. But I also needed to get home to First Parish. I feel plugged back in, I feel reconnected. With no weekends away planned until after Christmas, I am glad to be back into a routine.

No comments: