Friday, November 30, 2007

So far, so good, coz I have some projects

Ok, so maybe it is a bit early since it is only November 30th, but so far I have been able to stay sane for the holidays. It helps to have a knitting project or two or three.

We had dinner last Friday with family and we got to meet our new nephew. Driving around that day it occured to me that he does not have a Christmas stocking. Ooops, Tara, his Mom, does not have one and neither does Ben, his brother.

The stocking story is that Grandma Katie knit all of the stockings for our generation of cousins. They were all the same; red, green and white with angora yarn for Santa's beard, candy canes and our initials on them. Being the knitter in the family I have assumed that role for a lot of in-laws and nieces and nephews. Some of the sisters-in-law have knit their own.

So I decided last Friday night to try to knit the three for Christmas, Thomas Henry, Tara and Ben. I bought the yarn Saturday afternoon and started on them about 3 nano seconds after I got home. Now, less than a week later I am half way through the stockings. I honestly believe this is the reason for my sanity. It is really good to have a project to work on and one that is an antidote to the Walmarts of the world. Pictures to follow when they are done.

No comments: