Wednesday, November 7, 2007

But, I Like the Red Eye

Some call me crazy, but I like the Red Eye coming back from California. I took it last night, got in at 5am, got home by 5:45am, slept for 3 hours and then went to work. I don't even feel that tired right now. A big part of this is that I have been away a huge amount in the last few months and I just really wanted to be home last night, OOPS, this morning. BTW, Jet Blue is a fabulous airline. The seats are comfortable and they give snacks away for FREE; more than pretzels. They also brew Dunkin' Donuts coffee. That alone would make me fly on their airline.

So I was wrong about my next knitting project. I started a very complicated pattern for a scarf years ago. Occasionally, I pick it up, work on it a bit, and put it down because I make mistakes. Last Friday we drove out to Lenox MA for our All Star II chairs meeting and in the dark, I was trying to knit. Yes, I was setting myself up for failure, but at the rest stop where we stopped for dinner, I threw that project away. It was a small project so I did not mind seeing it go into the trash but it felt very freeing. I have never been so impulsive, especially throwing yarn away.

At that point, I had more yarn with me so I started an easier pattern of a scarf for a Christmas present. Can't tell you who it is for, since you may be reading this!!!! I did add some sock yarn to my stash by visiting Colorful Stitches in Lenox. Jitterbug, one pair of socks for me and one for someone else, don't know who yet.

While in Lenox we visited Arrowhead, where Moby Dick was written. New books on my reading list are to reread Moby Dick and to find a good biography of Melville. Our group of All Star chairs have stayed at the Inn at Laurel Lake 3 times now. This time when we turned into the driveway it felt like home. Maybe I have been traveling a bit too much . . .

Let me clarify this Red Eye thing. The Red Eye is good 1) if the plane is not full and 2) you can stretch across 3 seats and try to get some sleep.

No comments: