Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Vermont here we come . . .

OKAY, the excitement in our house is unbelievable lately. We drive up on Thursday night to go to our closing on Friday.

Both Rod and I are so ready to move there permanently that I wonder if we can condense the time period. In the meantime, we are going to spend every spare weekend minute up there.

I have been riding my bike every night up and down the bike path, getting myself in shape to ride the Burlington bike path, we have packed 20 boxes to take up there, we are planning which weekend to take the beds and couches up, bought new silverware, etc.

Some key questions around milestones will be:
  • When will we be there enough to buy sheep and chickens?
  • Will this be our Thanksgiving / Christmas house?
  • Where is Rod's tree house going to be?
  • What yarn and fabric stash should "live" in Vermont (already made the decision to bring my Featherweight up there)?
  • Should I have 2 piles of books that I am reading, one in Vermont, one in Lexington?

Oh, the never ending questions??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

4 comments:

B(ee) said...

Is there room for two tree houses? I was thinking about make one too...

Chris said...

Do you already have your Subaru? Everyone in VT has one.

Always Asking Why said...

Definitely room for 2 tree houses, on 10 acres, you won't even need to see each other's tree house. Look for me with the guests in the house, not the tree house.

B(ee) said...

Everyone in Vermont also has a broken down Saab in their front yard.

We're almost there...heh...