Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Why Coniston?

It is unbelievable to me how connected Rod and I are on some things, and how disconnected on others.

I proposed a few weeks back, that we name our house in South Hero. I always love driving on Long Point and seeing on the name's of the camps. Gardiner Island was where we spent summers from 1964-1976 on Lake Champlain.

So after a few minutes, I said "How about Coniston?" to which he replied "That is what I was thinking."

He ordered a Vermont slate sign for the house already, which we don't own until Friday. I don't believe in jinxes . . .

Coniston is the name of the street that his house was on growing up in Heworth. It is also the name of one of the lakes in the Lake District.

It just fits!!!!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Also a camp many Lexington kids (including Zoe P) go to and the name of the Quaker retirement community where my mom lived for many years.