Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I need a chaplain

We got back Sunday night from General Assembly. This is the once a year business meeting for our denomination. Rod and I have been delegates frequently since we went first in 2000.

While there, I heard about the death of a friend of my parents. It was definitely a shock and as I walked out of the room, where I had taken the phone call, I ran into a friend who is also a minister. GA has lots of ministers so that was not unusual. What was unusual is that he was right there when I needed him. At first he did not believe me when I said "I need a chaplain." I don't ask for help often, but I did at that moment in time. I believe in destiny and that things happen for a reason. A chaplain was there at the exact moment when I really needed one. I am not sure I would have reached out to a minister who was a stranger. I am not sure I would have reached out to many ministers I know, who are NOT strangers. The universe does provide for us, whether it is a natural fireworks show, or a chaplain when you need one.

No comments: