Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Star was different this year

I guess Star is different every year, but since I just got back these are the differences for me this year:
  • Our niece was with us, and it is nice to share with immediate family
  • We stayed in Starloft, which is away from the noise (too quiet for me)
  • I taught Jr Teens, and have not taught since 2002. It was too much time out of my day and I have gotten spoiled by being able to attend the lectures.
  • Usually, I totally detach from the mainland, but this year, I had to attend some phone calls and actually booted up my computer a few times. YUCK
  • The first 3 days were sunny but we were totally fogged in, could NOT see the mainland. I loved being in a cocoon for those three days
  • The final 3 days were so clear, we could see individual cottages on Rye Beach
  • I did not get to know all of the New Shoalers. We were joined by a wonderful family from First Parish and I think most of them want to come back.
  • A certain family member, (male, and Chris was not there) gave a ballet recital
  • Chris and Meg were not there BOOHOO

What was the same is that I did not want to leave. I never want to leave Star. I try during the year to keep the Star spirit alive. We always have a KEEP STAR ALIVE party the night after we leave the Island, and this year's was great, but there still has to be that last hug goodbye of shoalers for the year.

We Will come back, we will come back, we will come back . . .

No comments: