Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Travel log - jet blue vs. Virgin America - and stay away from UFood Grill

Frequent readers know I blog when I travel so here is the latest installment from Logan Terminal C this morning on my way to an offsite in San Francisco, not Mountain View but "the City".

I am flying this trip on Jet Blue only because Virgin America does not YET fly into Burlington VT. It is wishful thinking that they will ever fly there.

I got there early, wait, I always get there early for stress reduction reasons. Got my coffee from Dunkin' (last one for 4 days, Dunkin', not coffee), asked if they serve food on the flight, got NO for answer so went off in search of my lunch to eat 5 hours later.

The healthiest food is at UFood Grill so I ordered a sandwich wrap. They were under staffed and one of the employees said "I work with a bunch of losers and I am quitting today!". I thought and did NOT say out loud "seriously, you are really destroying the brand of UFood for me. I will think twice about my choice next time and since you are quitting anyway, why did you not just quit this morning or at least call in sick?". I hope the sandwich does not make ME sick!

I then camped out near the Jet Blue agent since the power outlet was there and complimented him a few times since obviously he was paying attention during his customer service training.

I asked him when Jet Blue is getting Wifi on their planes to which he sheepishly replied "a couple of months". From his reaction he knows that they really should have it to compete with Virgin America. When I was deciding which to fly the only positive for Jet Blue over Virgin is the Burlington Vt factor. JB has NO Wifi, no food beyond snacks and you have to flag down an attendant for water versus just ordering from your screen. I guess I am spoiled by VA but for the same cost, I have choices. Next time will probably be VA.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: