Saturday, April 16, 2011

You can do anything you want - for me the wheel

Fortunately both of my parent gave me this message. "Sally, you can do anything you want".

I actually believed that I could beat my brothers at tennis, until they grew to a height where their serves were too powerful.

Yesterday in yoga, I was trying to do the wheel. The instructor helped me and I could not do it, yesterday that is. At that moment in time I realized that eventually, I will be able to do it. Two years ago I could not do, shoulder stand, or dancer or crow. Today I can do all of those. This realization was different though. I actually believe I can do it eventually rather than just saying it but not really believing it.

I should have prefaced this with, things I want to do. I don't really want to be a lawyer or rocket scientist, but if I did want to I believe I could.

Think about the messages that we send ourselves. If we say, privately to ourselves that we cannot, then we don't have a chance.

I will do the wheel regularly some day!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

B Nanny said...

I think Rod's video post from Sarah Kay's TED talk deserves a repost here to show how true his comment "Reminds me of my Sarah" is.

http://www.ted.com/talks/sarah_kay_if_i_should_have_a_daughter.html?ref=nf