Monday, May 2, 2011

I Love Mayfair - Saturday May 7th

For those of you unfamiliar with this term, Mayfair is our church sale which happens the Saturday before Mothers Day. Many of my Mothers Day gifts came from this sale and I treasure them.

There are books, white elephants, collectibles, baked goods, jewelry, etc.

R and I ran Mayfair our first year in the church and got to know many different groups in the church. It was a great thing to do in our first year because we had no idea how big the job was.

It is a big HUGE community building activity as people discover items that belonged to another church member. This is where you can buy your summer reading, or a gift for an upcoming holiday or birthday.

I love it for a bunch of reasons. I love watching all generations have a good time. I love to watch the stuff collect, and more importantly, watch it leave. I love to hang out and watch the church make money, and I love the joviality of the day.

We cannot be there Saturday, but I am helping out on Friday in White Elephants.

Happy Mayfair! It is not just about making money for the church, it is also about making community.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: