Sunday, June 5, 2011

35 years later - a reunion

We spent this weekend at my 35th reunion at Middlebury College. We tend to hang out with some of the same folks that I hung out with during college AND I always have a nice conversation with someone that I never talked to in my 4 years there.

Bill McKibben spoke Saturday afternoon and helped charge me up even more than I already am about politicians and environmental issues. Chris Waddell spoke about climbing Kilimanjaro as a paraplegic.

The biggest change on campus are the new buildings and the repurposing of old buildings. It is a beautiful campus and it was a beautiful one when I went there.

Why do we go to reunions? Why don't others come?

Every 5 years, I leave wanting to see people who did not come and have never come back. This year, as in past, I have intentions to host a mini-reunion to get them to come to a smaller gathering, in case that is what is keeping them away. I don't need everyone to come back but I would love to see the ones that were part of our "clan".

Why is this year different? Maybe because of my retirement, I will have time to organize a mini-reunion. We will see. Check back with me in 5 years.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: