Monday, June 25, 2012

Southwest Rocks

If you have read my previous airline posts you will remember that I love Southwest Airlines. Right now I am on a flight from BOS to PHX. Their boarding procedures are a bit unconventional and it might be a more efficient process. It certainly saves the airline some people hours, since they are not assigning seats and reassigning seats. It can be anxiety provoking if you have a boarding zone and are one of the last to board. For the most part, I think family units can more easily board.

In the boarding area I heard as I left, "Lucy Latearrival(not the real name I heard, that is my attempt at humor), we love you but we'll leave you.". Sitting in a departure lounge can be so boring so any attempt at humor is welcome.

Just now, while waiting for the bathroom, I heard one flight attendant say to the other one "we'll have the kids do it.". Skeptic that I am I thought she was referring to the younger attendants. No they actually recruited kids from the flight to hand out snacks. They were having fun, and kept busy and the attendants could do other stuff. It was a win win win. Win for kids, win for passengers, and win for attendants.

This flight does not have audio or visual entertainment, and for a 5.5 hour flight that might be a problem. It isn't however, because of all the unexpected fun tasks this flight crew makes into a game. People have their own entertainment in the way of kindles, blackberries, video games and tablets.

I would always chose Southwest over, United or American. Southwest employees seem to enjoy their job, and the unexpected humor is a welcome replacement for the jaded attendants on other airlines.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: