Thursday, November 23, 2017

Grove Collaborative - GOOD Customer Service

I complain a lot and blog about HORRIBLE customer service so I always like to balance it with a blog about GREAT customer service.

I clicked on a link in Facebook for Grove Collaborative and the deal seems too good to be true so I took their offer of some free things, trial period as a VIP customer and then would receive a recurring monthly order.  It is always a red flag to have a monthly recurring charge so my antenna were up.  They reassured me that I could cancel at any time.

For a few months when I got the reminders that an order would be on the way in a week, I went to the website and cancelled the things I did not want and shopped for a few things I did want.

After a few months, there was just not enough demand in our house for laundry detergent, or castile soap or pot scrubbers.  Don't get me wrong!  The quality of product they provided was excellent and and I actually have fallen in love with a few of their "cleaning" tools like this one.  We just don't need that much window washing liquid or anti-bacterial bathroom spray.  Now you know for sure that we are not keepers of a spic and pan house.  My attitude is that "It is just going to get dirty again".

I also like to be in control of shopping so having someone else tell me on a monthly schedule what I need rubbed me the wrong way.

Last week, the dish scrubber wasn't working right in that the dowel that attaches to the replaceable head seems to have broken off so the head rotates making it's usefulness diminish.  I read some reviews and this has happened to other customers, and they solved it by gluing it into the head.

I emailed their customer service 4 days ago.  3 days ago I got an email that they were very busy and would still get back to me (Sure they will the skeptic in me said).

2 days ago I got an email that they had credited my account $8.  WOW just WOW!

I know, I know, it will make me go back and use their website AND I want to use their website because they have a high quality product and are a fabulous company.

My other reasoning for not ordering from them is the whole Amazon effect that is causing local shops to go out of business.  If I can get the same laundry detergent from our City Market, why would I order from a distant company and waste all those resources in the shipping process and not support a local business.

So, I have $8 to use and will order from Grove Collaborative when I cannot find something locally and I will write posts like this when I find companies that offer STUPENDOUS, EXTRAORDINARY and GREAT customer service.

No comments: