Saturday, May 19, 2007

Grocery store shopping? every aisle or wander?

As promised, pictures of my new Slouch socks from the "Socks, Socks, Socks" edited by Elaine Rowley. These are made from Jitterbug by Colinette .

So the pilgrimage to Portsmouth starts in a few minutes and I have no idea what I want to buy in the way of fabric. I was browsing two quilting magazines that Amy lent to me, and there is a very cool pattern that I am thinking of making for the All Star II art auction this year, out of STAR fabrics of course. But, I may get there and in true ENFP fashion be distracted by another project, and completely forget what I was looking for.

Do you go up and down every aisle in the grocery store?

I go to the store, and usually if I made a list it is sitting on my kitchen counter, but the fact that I wrote it down in the first place gives me a 50% chance that I will remember it at the store. I meander, not in any order of aisles, and hope that the things that end of in the bag will 1) feed us for a couple of days 2) be compatible to go together into a meal that 2/3 of us will eat 3) are essentials like milk and bread, and that we don't already have 3 identical items in the fridge already.

Just another peek into my random mind. I think in mind maps, not linear at all. Future posts will include a mind map of my trip to a the grocery store, if I remember and don't get distracted by something else . . . look a bird outside on the window sill . . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

pretty pretty!!!!!

Rodney said...

ALthough all who wander are not lost - I am very definitley a rigid 'every aisle' sort of shopper. Albeit not a very frequent shopper.