Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Why ask why?

First post. YAHOO! I have been thinking about starting a blog for a long time. The title of my blog comes from my oldest brother. Apparently as a child I was always asking why. Even more than the normal young child. When my daughter was the same age, my brother said "Sally, your daughter asks why as much as you did at her age." My response was, "I wonder why she does that?" A few minutes of silence and then I burst out laughing as I realized what I had said.

So, what have I been knitting lately you ask? Socks, socks and more socks. I found a beautiful yarn from Colinette called JitterBug. I knit Amy a pair of pink socks from this yarn, and I am knitting myself a blue pair. The wonderful part of these socks, is that the back of the label is a pattern for socks. Pics to follow. I did knit myself a top down raglan in the middle of all of these socks. Oh and we have another sock knitter in the family; my sister-in-law Judy. While visiting her last week, we found a wonderful yarn store in down town Chicago. Judy and I are really good shoppers together and usually it is in a yarn store.

No comments: