Friday, May 25, 2007

Remember, this is her jacket

The pilgrimage to Portsmouth was wonderful. Margaret chose some very wonderful fabrics, that are perfect for her. Of course, they are not the ones I would have chosen, but as Amy kept gently reminding me, "This is her jacket!" After I ignored Amy the first few times, she had to be a bit more forceful in her wonderfully honest way. I won't have time to start the jacket until the middle of June but I have promised it to Margaret in late summer. She has custody of the fabric until I can start the jacket. Fellow quilters and knitters will know how important it is to have your fabric and yarn around to touch and drool over.

Memorial Day we have gone with our church a few times to Ferry Beach in Saco Maine. We are headed there today after the Pops concert at the High School. It is sad and happy to be a part of the "last" events for Bethany. Last x-block, last Pops concert, last week of school. I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend at the beach with church friends. First tee times of the season are Sunday morning at the Biddeford-Saco Golf Course, YAHOOOO !

No comments: