Monday, June 15, 2009

Leave it well enough alone - another life lesson

Some of this post only knitters will understand but here goes. I am in the middle of knitting a yoga bag. I did not pay attention and finished the bottom off wrong. My knitting group all agreed that it was fine, but I just knew that every time I looked at it I would know it was wrong.

Last night on the way back from Coniston I started taking it apart. Sometimes you can unravel knitting and it goes quickly BUT in this case (and probably 2 other times in my knitting career) it did not go well. I took out the cast off row, and that took until Montpelier, at which point I said "If I had remembered my scissors this project would be in danger." An hour of frustration building, and in my view an hour of otherwise wasted knitting time

By Randolph with the project in real danger I put it away. Murg was also falling asleep at this point, so I was needed to drive.

Always has to be a life lesson, sometimes you dig stuff up and it is helpful and sometimes it is not so helpful.

Just earlier that day I was walking out of church rolling a ball of yarn and there was a small entanglement. Someone looked at me and said "Ut Oh!" but my response was not just a wee knot, easy to work out, kind of like life. Well this HUGE knot later was not easy to work out, and still sits in my knitting bag, hiding from my scissors.

I have only thrown out one project like this in my life and I really like my almost complete yoga bag, so only a few rows are in danger of hitting the trash can.

No comments: