Friday, June 12, 2009

The Magnet just gets stronger and I get weaker

Every time I think about Vermont, I feel incredibly pulled to live up there. I don't know whether I have described in this blog or not, but right now I am stalled. Not in a bad way just stalled. We have decided not to move up there for 2-3 years, that is the stalled.

As crap happens in the world like the shooting in DC this week at the museum, I want to retreat and go to my refuge, get away from people (hard to believe for an "E"). Every time there is more negative mortgage news, or real estate news, I want to retreat, plant my garden, get off the grid and wake up to Mt. Mansfield and Camel's Hump.

So for now the antidote to craziness is every other week up at Coniston. We have a wine tasting tonight, Friday, and I insist we drive up after that. For me it will be a wine dribbling.

Not enough Coniston lately . . . The magnet is pulling me to go early and stay late and make plans to have it be permanent.

I am just saying . . .

No comments: