Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Health insurance reform, oh and BTW solving world hunger

Twice in 24 hours I noticed part of our health care system that are abolutely riduclously broken. The first one is the filling of prescriptions. My doctor gives me the prescriptions for an entire year, but I still have to go back every 30 or 90 days and get them filled. As I sat and waited at Walgreen's, I just fumed. So many little plastic bottles, only 10% full, leaving that register every 30 days. The paper to print the prescription, the paper bag it goes in, the time for the pharmacist. What a waste! It was not like this before the litiguous nature of health care.

The second one was getting my blood taken. I just had my blood taken in December for a series of tests. With technology, did they not know that I had not had blood taken for 18 months for my thryoid medication. Why did they not run that test at the same time? They have my electronic health records. The receptionist lectured me that I have not had my blood taken for 2 years. LIAR, I had it taken at YOUR office in December. You could have seen, if you looked into my records at that time.

OK, there are much bigger parts of our health care that are broken, so these ones are little and remote, but they bugged me this week!

No comments: