Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Technology Fails Multiple times

I have written a couple of posts from my iPhone but this time it is because of the title of this post.

I got to the Hilton on sunday night expecting to get a little bit of work done. In retrospect I should have connected to VA's wireless on the flight.

I spent 90 minutes trying to connect to their wireless and by then it was 2am EST. This was after spending 30 minutes with tier 1 and 2 tech support. That did not work so I called the front desk and they sent an engineer to my room with a network cable. They advertise wireless and I wanted wireless. The night ended with me refusing to switch rooms and being rather cranky to the hotel person I called at the front desk. Both technical people said that connectivity was a problem and wireless was dodgy. I believed them over the front desk person who said I was the only room having problems.

When I got to the office, this Intuit office does not have wireless like the other Intuit offices so I moved to an office with a network cable and that office did not have a working phone. That help desk ticket is still open 36 hours later. I could not print since unlike other places at Intuit you cannot install a printer by yourself. IT has to do that. I am near the capacity of rollover minutes on my iPhone so don't want to solely use that.

The kicker is that I could not get to my blog to write this at work since this is not a business site, and gets blocked by big brother at this work site . . . and the hotel wireless is still not working.

iPhone saves the day! And now I will finish this is the business center in the lobby of the hotel not in my PJs in my room, but wish I were.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: