Friday, March 5, 2010

I will not be thrown off my game by "stealing"/losing

Last weekend, was really strange for identity. Bee's wallet was stolen so we had to cancel our joint credit card, AND I lost my work badge, office key and VPN token (unfortunately they are all on one lanyard, silly me).

I realized at the end of this week that some of my cycles have been spent this week recapturing my identity. Physically my badge, key and token and then the credit card stuff. Technology is supposed to simplify things for us and at the same time it has complicated things for us. It allows another avenue for thieves for instance.

This is the third time in a year that we have had to get a new credit card. There are a lot of people out there "stealing". Bee's wallet and our identity.

Wouldn't it be easier to just have our fingerprint be our "credit card", office access, ignition, anywhere we need to ENTER. Some day but in the mean time we depend on those 2X3 pieces of plastic, that identify us and allow us to buy.

No comments: