Monday, June 14, 2010

A&W Drive-in memories

Yesterday on our way home from visiting friends in Cornwall we stopped at the A&W drive-in in Middlebury Vermont. I love this place. Probably since 1964 when we spent the summer in Vt, I have been there most years of my life. We moved there in 1965. We also often went to the A&W drive-in in Rutland Vt.

The most told story about the drive-in is the time Mom rolled down the window with 8 mugs of root beer on it. We love that story and every time say "Don't roll down the window!"

The taste of root beer floats always takes me back to this drive-in. More than once we have driven from almost an hour away to go there.

Yesterday I really wanted a root beer milk shake. Yum Yum! They were out of root beer syrup yesterday. Not to worry! Second best is a root beer float.

Summer to me is the opening of the drive-in and a root beer float on a hot summer day.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: