Sunday, June 6, 2010

Life comes around in a circle

This picture was taken in our bathroom at Coniston. It is not the best picture in the world but is iPhone quality so what do you want?

After owning Coniston for just about two years we are getting around to the tweaks of home ownership, like hanging pictures. These three pictures are not art in the true sense rather they depict a moment in my life when I was living hand to mouth, and had very little disposable income.

It was my first apartment in Boston in 1985, after I separated from my first husband. Crick and I lived on Jersey Street in the Fenway area of Boston. For excitement we used to go to games at the 7th inning, and just walk into the park for the last few innings. 911 has changed a lot of things! You cannot walk into Fenway like his now.

We also used to look out our apartment window on game nights and after the first car was towed from in front of our building, Crick went to bed. His treat was watching the tow truck. It is amazing how many smart Red Sox fans cannot read No Parking signs.

As a way to decorate my new apartment I put together these three pictures which represented the true Sally and a few of her loves. One thing I collected as a kid were post cards and when I went to an art museum, I bought post cards of my favorite paintings. These "pictures" were hanging in Lexington until we redid a bathroom a few years ago and have sat in a box of pictures that made it's way to Coniston last summer.

A flood of memories of that time in my life came over me as I cleaned them off yesterday and straightened some of the postcards. I am in such a different place in my life AND they now hang in the bathroom at Coniston. I still get a feeling that the true Sally as a little girl and then the true Sally who discovered herself during that time of my life and the true Sally who is being discovered every day is represented in these postcards. Nice to have them back in my life!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: