Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sort of Like Wayne Gretsky

This is a bit of a stretch, but I am sort of like Wayne Gretsky.  I heard once that when he plays, he views the ice from above, and looks down on where the puck and players are or will be.  I do the same thing when I think about directions and getting somewhere.

This topic came up on Sunday when we drove into the ICA.  I get places by a "helicopter" or Google earth view of an area.  Just now I found myself almost lifting from my seat, to view how I would get from here to our dinner engagement.  That is when I said out loud to myself, "I am like Wayne Gretsky."

When I am trying to figure out the BEST (and I am almost always interested in the best, or path of least resistance) way to get some place, I view it from overhead.

I don't think this is how everyone navigates.  Bee seem to indicate during our conversation that this is not how she navigates.  How to you view directions?  When you are heading to a place is it the turn by turn directions or the helicopter view?  So many things to ponder.

No comments: