Monday, July 12, 2010

Creature of habit in the morning at Star Island

Saturday was the day of my return from Star and therefore a lot of blogging material is rattling around but this is the most concrete thought for now.

We stayed in Starloft which is a beautiful accommodation. Our bed was in a dormer such that I only had to open my eyes and lift my head a tiny bit to see the sunrise. Each morning I watched the sunrise, went back to sleep until 5:30 am and got up then for the day. The front porch was my destination and the early morning coffee. Two or three others were there and I watched the Island wake up. I also held babies while their parents caught a few more winks.

That view of the bed in the dormer the sun rising and the conversations early morning will carry me through 51 weeks until we are back again!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: