Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hertz is more random than I am

On this trip I have had the opportunity to rent from Hertz three times.

The first time in Salt Lake City they gave me a huge SUV, and I could barely get into the cab it was so tall.  I went back and asked for a smaller car.  There was another gentleman in front of me, who did the same thing.  I also did not want to pay for gas for a SUV.

In San Jose, I got a hybrid.  It took me a bit to figure out how to start it, but I did finally figure that out.  I was only driving it for the day, so I did not really need the hybrid part.

On Sunday, I picked up my last car of the trip.  I don't even know the brand, but there are no electric locks, windows etc.  When was the last time you rolled up a window with a winding knob?

When I mentioned this to someone at dinner last night they said "Is is all random."  I am a Hertz Gold Member which means I don't have to wait in the huge long line and can walk straight to my car.  Don't you think they would give the best cars to the Gold Card Members?  I know they had lots of cars because I walked through them at the Hertz parking lot at SFO.

What is really interesting to me is I refused to drive the SUV, but I did not refuse to drive the untechnical car.  It sounds like a tin can and I have to walk around to each door to lock it, and wind up and down the window myself, but I am a lot more comfortable in this car than the SUV.

No comments: