Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hilary - electing a woman president?

At dinner last night with 2 friends, K and K, we talked about Hilary. The conversation started when K. asked why if the female population is 52%, we seem to not be able to elect a woman president. I must admit that K and K have thought a lot more about this than I have so I absorbed a lot more than I contributed. Most intriguing for me was to discuss some of Hilary's actions during the 8 years of the Clinton administration. They proposed Health Care reform and appointed her to run it, but not much happened. When the Monica stuff was happening, she must have been very humiliated, BUT she stayed with him.

I think she ran a horrible campaign and was too cocky. Apparently she spent a lot of her money in the beginning expecting to be the leader.

Face it, Obama ran an EXCELLENT campaign, and had incredible organization (Thank you brother George and friend Kathy and friend Ben, and every one else who organized, called rang doorbells and helped elect him). Would you guys have done the same for Hilary?

So either, this was the wrong year to try to run, or we might have trouble ever electing a woman. As a woman I hope in my lifetime to see a woman president for my daughter and grand daughter.

No comments: