Sunday, November 30, 2008

4 Days off

It has been a wonderful Thanksgiving long weekend. B was home on Tuesday night, her Lexington friends came around that night and the following night and a friend from Amherst came by yesterday and spent last night with us. They just departed on their way back to Amherst, with the bunnies who also spent the long weekend with us.

The nicest part was that we had very little planned, did not travel and the entire holiday was very low-key. Don't get me wrong. I always miss my family on the holidays if I am not with them. When you grow up with 6 siblings, then holidays are LOTS of family around. I did connect with most family on Thursday and the remaining ones on Friday so at least I had contact.. .

I knit a lot over the last 4 days. B reminded me that I promised her roommate a pair of socks, and those are nearly finished. And I am knitting on a BEAUTIFUL sweater for myself. Guess what the colors are? Pink, orange and dark orange.

I made a to-do list of projects that I want to finish for Christmas. A few pairs of socks, a few bracelets of beads and some felted slippers. I always have too many projects planned, but you do what you can do. N'est ce pas?

So, because I love my job, I don't have that Sunday night misery going on and feel really rested.

There was not enough playing Settlers over the 4 days. There are only a few Russell family members who are as addicted as I am and one of those is coming for Christmas.

Onto the next long weekend of a holiday and try to keep that peace and serenity as we approach the commercial holiday of the year. We have scaled back even further this year, and with George and Judy are just doing our Chritmas stockings. As Judy says "You can fit some really nice things in a stocking."

No comments: